On - going projects
FUND FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Members of the CECEM decided to establish Fund for Community
Development to support projects and activities to be developed with the people-centred,
creative, innovative and transparent approaches which have been trained and applied
in the training courses and consultancy projects conducted by CECEM.
Programs and projects to be supported by this Fund are those which are in line with
the mission and strategies of the CECEM, i.e. to contribute of the development of
the communities and society, as well as to improve the living standards of the current
and coming generations, through development of human resources.
The buget resource of CECEM’s Fund for Community Development comes from the revenues
of the Centre after spendings for administrtion and development of training programs.
In 2007, contribution to this Fund for the community development activities were
Project: Community Development
To develop a people-centred community development model with such modern approaches
as: developing socio-economic development plan based on the development vision and
available opportunities, strengthening the activeness and responsibility of the
community as ownership partner in the sustainable development process.
- Implement successfully a commune-level community development project through strengthening
capacity for the leaders and community in skills of developing, managing and implementing
a successful development programs.
- Support finance to increase the effectiveness in the implementation of the development
- Evaluate the results of the pilot model for lessons learnt for further replication
- Improving the awareness and attitude of the grassroots leaders and the villagers
in people-centred community development.
- Training for grassroots leaders in community analysis, planning, fundraising,
coordination for implementation and monitoring, evaluation of commune-level development
- Providing hands-on training/technical support for commune and village leaders
to successfully implement the above mentioned activities.
- Providing information, consultancy and assisting in linking the community and
- Providing small donation to support increase effectiveness for the village/commune
level development programs.
This project is being implemented in partnership with People Committee of Dung Liet
commune, Yen Phong district, Bac Ninh province. In the project framework, core leaders
of the commune and villages have been trained supported to analyzing and planning
participatory development activities.
Project: “Parents Support Parents”
By the end of 2007, Save Children Sweden (SCS) and the admin
group of the Parenting Website presented CECEM an idea of using high quality capacity
building services of CECEM for the project Parents Support Parents in Hanoi.
Aware of the good and broad impacts probably made to the future generations, as
well as consideration of in current budget limitation of the project management
team, CECEM decided to co-sponsor the project with SCS, and provide technical assistance
to set up an independent lecturers who are able to facilitate sustainably the application
of positive children education skills.
The project aims to help parents and children carers in the target area (Dong Da
district and members in the Parenting Forum) to effectively apply positive children
education skills, contributing to ensure the children’s rights from body violence
and help children to develop their maximum competency.
- Develop a core parent group with training capacity and assistance to other parents
in applying positive education methods
- Support development of management competency for the admin team of the Parenting
website to successfully set up a self-managing organisation with capacity of sustainable
development and expansion of training for parents.
- Training and supporting the core parent group in applying the learners-centred
- Training and supporting the coordination group in implementing project management
and organization management activities, including: development of institutional
strategies, development of human resource development, development of management
information system, program development and fundraising
- Consulting in visibility building and network development
- Providing information and supporting linkage with potential donors
- Support finance for capacity building in the framework of the project.
Objective: Increase the opportunities in accessing high quality training
activities for individuals and organizations in country who work in development
or have special influence to community development.
Target groups: individuals and organizations in country who meet the following
- Work in development field, or have special influence to the community development
- Have need in capacity building which is appropriate to the objective of work effectiveness
improvement and contribute to the common development objective of the community
- Have no access, or difficulty in accessing, necessary financial support resources
for capacity building
- Have positive attitude to the learning and application of learned content into
- Providing full, or partial, fellowship to CECEM training courses
Individuals and organizations in need of fellowship should clarify the need in capacity
building for the individuals/organizations; the training course/learning activity
applied for support, and support rate. All letters should be sent to: